Wildlife Collector Permits

and Report Forms

If you are a student, educator, or researcher and collect or possess wildlife (including body parts, eggs, nests, or tissue) for scientific purposes, you need a Wildlife Collector's Permit.

These permits expire December 31. You must submit a Wildlife Collector's Report when you renew your permit. Please allow 6 weeks for review and processing.

Your application should be as complete and detailed as possible. Subsequent amendments to the permit will be reviewed and approval is not guaranteed.

In This Section

Wildlife Collector FAQ

Get more info on Wildlife Collector Permits.

Application and Report Preferred Formats

Complete electronically and submit via email for faster processing.

Application and Report Alternate Formats

Print, complete, and mail to us.

Why are Wildlife Collector’s Permits and Reports required?

Learn why we require these documents and what we do with the information.

COVID-19: Interim Guidance for Bat-related Activities

Please read this notice if you are collecting bats under your Wildlife Collectors Permit.

Check the Code

This is NOT a legal document. Regulations are subject to revision during the current year.
Refer to the Wildlife Code.

Permit Information

Before you hunt or fish this season, make sure to buy your Missouri hunting and fishing permits. General information about permits.

Landowner Permit Quiz

Take this simple quiz to determine if you qualify for a no-cost or reduced-cost landowner permit.

See if you qualify for landowner permits.


If you're a Missouri resident and in the National Guard or reserve forces, you may be eligible for reduced cost permits or exceptions.
Learn more about military permits.

The Conservation Permit Card

The card makes buying hunting and fishing permits easy.
Learn more about the permit card.

Apprentice Hunter Authorization

Apprentice hunters can purchase firearms hunting permits and hunt in the immediate presence of a mentor.
Learn more about apprentice hunters.

Permit Auto-Renewal

Learn more about how to enroll in the Permit Auto-Renewal Service.

Permit Auto-Renewal