Before heading out to fish or hunt for deer, turkey, waterfowl, furbearers, or small game, be sure to buy the right permits. You can buy them online, over the phone, at any Department office, or from more than a thousand vendors around the state.
You may need to purchase a special permit if you collect, handle, breed, or process wild animals. For example, wildlife managers, researchers, taxidermists, dog trainers, collectors, and hobbyists need special permits. All special permits must be purchased at Department headquarters in Jefferson City.
- This year's deer and fall turkey permits will be available on July 1.
- You can purchase permits at your local Department office and at many stores that sell hunting and fishing equipment.
- From your smartphone using the MO Hunting app. Your valid permit will appear on the app immediately after purchase.
- Buy via telephone at 800-392-4115. Use your credit card, and pay a $1 surcharge. Allow 10 days for your permits to arrive.
- Buy online using e-Permits. Print your permit at home and have it in hand immediately. Note: you will not receive a permit by mail with e-Permits.
- Special permits for commercial hunting and fishing, collectors, taxidermists, and others are also available.
- This list is subject to change without notice.
- Permit prices have been in effect since July 1, 2009.
The following permits are available only through MDC
- Resident National Guard and Reserve Service Small Game Hunting and Fishing Permit ($5)
- Lifetime Permits
- Special Hunting and Fishing Permits
- Commercial and Collector Permits
New! Federal and state statutes require buyers of fishing, hunting, and trapping permits to provide their Social Security number. Individuals who do not have Social Security numbers will be required to affirm that information. Falsifying a Social Security number may result in revocation of privileges or criminal charges. Social Security numbers are securely stored and used in support of the Missouri Department of Social Service’s child support enforcement.
Conservation Permit Card
The Conservation Permit Card allows multiple permits to be carried on a single plastic card (except deer and turkey permits, the Federal Duck Stamp, Daily Trout Tags, the White River Border Lakes Permit, and reciprocal privileges with other states). As new permits are purchased, they will be loaded automatically onto the card. Both the Conservation Permit Card and Heritage Card serve as proof of hunter-education certification when printed with a hunter-education number. Conservation Permit Card and Heritage Card owners receive a 15 percent discount on selected retail merchandise and nursery stock sold at Conservation Department facilities.
The Conservation Permit Card will gradually replace existing Heritage Cards. Those with a current Heritage Card may purchase a Conservation Permit Card for $2 if they want to carry their permits in card format. Lost Heritage Cards will also be replaced with the Conservation Permit Card for a $2 fee. Note: The Heritage Card is not a permit.