Cervids Harvested Outside Missouri


Storing in Missouri

If you harvest a deer, elk, or moose out of state and bring the animal with the spinal column or head attached into Missouri, you must report the animal's entry within 24 hours at 877-853-5665 or mdc.mo.gov/carcass.

The carcass must be taken to a licensed meat processor or taxidermist within 72 hours of entry.

Upper canine teeth and the items listed as low risk to transport from the CWD Containment Zone do not require a phone call. 

Driving Through Missouri

If you are passing through Missouri on the way to another state, you are exempt from this requirement as long as you are not in Missouri longer than 24 hours.

In This Section

Related Content

Chronic Wasting Disease Regulations

If you are deer hunting in any CWD Management Zone counties, follow these rules for preventing the spread of Chronic Wasting Disease.