Resident Trapping Permit


This permit allows you to trap and sell furbearers and groundhogs. You may also trap rabbits, but you may not sell rabbit carcasses.

Valid until June 30.

Available for Missouri residents only.

You may only trap on conservation areas by special use permit. Contact information for area managers can be found in the Conservation Area Atlas.



Valid during these seasons
Allowed & Prohibited Methods
Associated Species

Check the Code

This is NOT a legal document. Regulations are subject to revision during the current year.
Refer to the Wildlife Code.


If you're a Missouri resident and in the National Guard or reserve forces, you may be eligible for reduced cost permits or exceptions.
Learn more about military permits.

The Conservation Permit Card

The card makes buying hunting and fishing permits easy.
Learn more about the permit card.

Apprentice Hunter Authorization

Apprentice hunters can purchase firearms hunting permits and hunt in the immediate presence of a mentor.
Learn more about apprentice hunters.

Permit Auto-Renewal

Learn more about how to enroll in the Permit Auto-Renewal Service.

Permit Auto-Renewal