Missouri’s four trout parks feature high-quality trout fishing on cold-water streams in Missouri and they are supported by on-site trout hatcheries. Maramec Spring Park, Bennett Spring State Park, Montauk State Park, and Roaring River State Park are open and stocked daily from March 1 through Oct. 31.
Only catch-and-release fishing is available from the second Friday in November through the second Monday in February. Maramec Spring Park is open daily from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The three state parks are open Friday to Monday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. A fishing permit, unless exempt, and a trout permit are required. Only flies may be used during the catch-and-release season.
- Anglers need a fishing permit, unless exempt, as well as a daily trout tag.
- Maramec Spring Park: the daily trout tag is $5 for adults and $3 for anglers 15 and younger. The daily limit is 5 trout (rainbow and brown trout combined). You must stop fishing for any species after having 5 trout in possession.
- Bennett Spring, Montauk, and Roaring River: the daily trout tag is $4 for adults and $3 for those 15 and younger.
- At the three state parks, the daily limit is 4 trout (rainbow and brown trout combined). You must stop fishing for any species after having 4 trout in possession.
- Roaring River State Park: a daily tag or a trout permit may be used for fishing from the first bridge below the old dam in Zone 3 to the downstream park boundary.
Area regulations, fishing methods, and zones vary. Ask for details when you purchase your tag.
Where to find trout parks